So it has been over a month since my last post. I have been seriously slacking with this blogging business. So many new and exciting things have happened I don't even know where to begin! I think i'll just start a list...
Here it goes:
1. Simon got offered a new job which was a great opportunity and HUGE promotion. We decided that it was too great to pass up so we are going to be living in Australia for at least two years. Considering the economic state in CA we figure its probably best to stay put for a bit. I am extremely excited to stay because I love it here, but I am going to miss everyone soooooo much back home! Especially my Nala =*(.
2. We made our first big purchase together! We bought a CAR, a Subaru Impreza to be exact!!! Ahhhhh the smell of a new car, it really is marvelous. We have been absolutely loving it. The night before we went to pick it up Simon was like a little boy on Christmas Eve. It was so funny he couldn't even sleep. haha boys and their cars...
3. We received the best package in the mail from our dear friend Ashley. She sent us Chip and Dale onseies from Japan. If you didn't already know, I was Asian in a previous life and love all things Asian! Trinkets, paper, miniature figurines, phone charms, onsies and the list goes on!!! I was soooooo excited that Ash was able to send these! I have been wanting them so bad. Simon is going to kill me for posting this pic but it has to be done!4. We went to a Band of Horses concert. Simon introduced me to this Band when we were in Paris and they are one of our favorites. The concert definitely didn't disappoint! They sounded better live and it was nice to here some familiar American accents!
5. We took a weekend trip to Melbourne! We went to visit Simon's brother, Jeremy, and his wife, Claire. We had a great time and I loved the city. It reminded me of Berkley. It had so much character and culture. There were cute little cafes and great boutique shopping. Melbourne and Sydney have a completely different feel. The only thing I didn't like was that it was freezing! Melbourne has extreme weather, very cold in the winter and stinkin' hot in the summer. I don't think I would do well living there, but it was great to visit.
Getting a little artsy with the camera =)

There were so many ally ways with graffiti. It was truly a site to see. People actually go to Melbourne to see all the different graffiti artwork.

♥Love ♥

Greg, Simon took this picture for you! haha
We were walking in the train station and yes my French friends there was a Relay! I had to take a picture. It took Simon and I back a bit...
I love this picture I took of Sime. He is so handsome =)
6. I am teaching myself to sew! I have learned a little bit here and there growing up, but never really got into it. Probably because I used to be so impatient. I actually cut the pattern out and did everything myself! I was so proud!
This was the first one I made. It turned out really cute! I was so excited to find this material because there is an apron in Anthropologie with the exact same print!

This is the second one. I love the ruffles and bows =)
7. We booked a band for the Wedding. So far we have the venue, band, and photography. The planning still continues, slowly but surely. Any one have suggestions for caterers?
8. I recently started a 2 day a week Nanny job. I had my first day last week and it went very well. There are two kids in the family, a 2 year old girl, Eden, and a 4 year old boy, Jordan. I mostly look after Eden because Jordan is in pre-school during the day. I find it so funny that when ever I babysit children around the age of 2 they are fascinated with my beauty mark on my face. All Eden wants to do is touch it! haha They are the sweetest family and I am excited to get to know them better.
9. I have been Volunteering at the Children's hospital 2 days a week in the Child Life Therapy Dept. It has been great and I am really enjoying working with the kids. I have been placed in the oncology ward and the emergency dept. A Child Life Therapist position just opened up and I am applying for it, so keep your fingers crossed for me! This is an area that I have been wanting to purse as my career, but it is so hard to get into at home. I am hoping I can gain some experience here in Aus so when we move back to Cali it will be easier for me to find a job! yay!
So that's all for now, but i'll be sure to update again soon! Miss and Love you all heaps! That was for you Rach =)



I love reading ur blogs.. Makes me very happy to hear your living such a great adventure and your so happy. :) makes me a little sad cuz you won't be living in Cali, but glad that Simon got a great opportunity and your there to support him. I will truly miss you but your family and friends will be waiting when your back. Christina there's no words to express how happy I'm for you. I'm so looking forward for the biggest day of your life and be part of it when you get married. Until then my fav. snow white, happy your living the best fairy tale ever. I love you your truly your fav dopey Yazzy .<3
ReplyDelete